Plymouth Day Opportunities
Contact This Service:
Manager: Jasmine Sutherland
Tel: 01752221002 / 07969897682
If you would like to find out more please contact an expert member of our team. Click on ‘MAKE A REFERRAL’ button to open the relevant contact form.
Plymouth Day Opportunities, located in the heart of the city centre, provides support to young people and adults with a range of physical disabilities, learning disabilities and complex health needs across Plymouth. Plymouth Day Opportunities is in a modern, accessible building with an open, communal space for the individuals we support and visitors. There is an accredited Changing Place onsite as well as a low-level kitchen. Other facilities at our service include computer access for customers, a pool table and space for a range of indoor and outdoor activities.
We are open Monday to Friday, also offering an enabling service, where individuals will be supported 1:1 to access the community. We aim to provide you with the support and opportunities you need to lead a fulfilling lifestyle by offering a range of services which are tailored to your needs.
The service offers a range of pathways, we endeavour to deliver educational based programmes by using and developing meaningful frameworks. We provide engaging sessions that empowers individuals through personalised learning and choice. Our Service will motivate and enhance learners’ and individuals’ confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
The service will deliver Person Centred activities which meets the needs and the aspirations of individuals we support. We aim to actively take part in community life and activities focusing on inclusion. Given we are close to town centre with access to the community it enables us to encourage, promote and support people within our service to reach their full potential.
What we provide is different for every individual, based on their needs and wishes. The people we support can be supported to learn and develop skills in:
- Caring for themselves
- Living independently
- Building and maintaining relationships with friends and family
- Accessing services, resources and activities in the community
- Supporting a learning journey to advocate an educational pathway – meaningful
- Sports, fitness or outdoor activities, such as Zumba and hydrotherapy and swimming
- Creative arts, photography, woodwork and gardening
- Educational sessions
- Reading groups
- Cooking and nutrition
- Daily living skills
- Health and well being
- Health and safety
- Computer and iPad workshops
- Public transport training, familiarising with local bus services and confidence building
- Going shopping
- Meeting friends
- Going to the cinema, theatre, concerts, or a football match
Our Core Beliefs will be to promote and deliver:
- Purposeful Skill Based Programmes
- Outcome Focused Assessments
- Creating & Maintaining Positive Learning Environment
- Aspirational Journey to Self Determination
- Creating Opportunities for Social Inclusion.
“We have a shared vision with a fresh approach to developing skills and strategies for life using a strength-based personalised learning programme. With Plymouth Day Opportunities, you are supported to live the life you want, your way.”