Contact This Service:
Manager: Peroze Nayyar
Tel: 0208 524 4188
If you would like to find out more please contact an expert member of our team. Click on ‘MAKE A REFERRAL’ button to open the relevant contact form.
Forest Haven is a 5-bed registered residential location in Essex offering 24-hour support, specialising in supporting adults with autism, learning disabilities, high acuity, and complex behaviours. The home is situated close to Chingford town in the London Borough of Waltham Forest on the edge of Epping Forest.
We support people living in Forest Haven to lead active lives in which their individuality, independence, dignity and respect are maintained. We fully embrace person centred planning, ensuring the person we support is at the centre in the delivery of our high-quality care and support.
The individuals we support at Forest Haven are encouraged to participate in a wide range of activities in the community, including attending college, bowling, visiting the cinema, playing golf, eating out local restaurants, going to the gym, and swimming. Activities in the home include football, basketball, gaming, and music sessions.
- There are two ground floor rooms in the main house and two more bedrooms on the first floor.
- There is also a self-contained flat adjacent to the main house.
- All bedrooms are en-suite with wet rooms.
- All the people we support have their own personalised bedrooms.
- There is a large, open plan, communal lounge.
- Large kitchen area leading to the easily accessible garden.
- Within walking distance to shops, pubs, cafés and local amenities.
- Good transport links locally, and the home has its own 7-seater vehicle for drives out.
- Are outcome-focussed and highly person-centred.
- Provide 24/7 residential care.
- Provide activities tailored to the interest of the individuals we support both in and out of the home.
- Are holistic, with person-centred care and support developed in collaboration with the people we support, their families and a multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals.
- Service and support are built around the needs of each, and every individual supported, from functional assessments and total communication to milestone setting and outcome measures.
- Residents at Forest Haven are provided with permanent placement, ensuring stability and a long-term living environment. Regular reviews are conducted to adapt their care plans to changing needs. We offer a supportive community where residents can thrive
The team is led by an experienced Manager who manages a dedicated and committed staff team. The staff work proactively with individuals they support to identify areas needed to move on with their journey. All staff are trained in Positive Behavioural Support (PBS), Positive Management Support (PMS), Autism and Makaton. The team have access to the Organisation Behaviour Team to consult and support with complex behaviours.
“At Forest Haven, [a person we support] has been able to develop certain skills and step forwards towards independent living. He has moved to a lower acuity residential services with a plan to be able to live independently in a supported living environment.”
– Forest Haven Manager
“I just wanted to give huge thanks to staff who gave them such a fantastic birthday. They really did go all out with balloons on the front door and bedroom door.”
– Family member of individual we support