Cornwall Day Opportunities
Contact This Service:
Manager: Jasmine Sutherland
Tel: 07969897682 / 07976249389
If you would like to find out more please contact an expert member of our team. Click on ‘MAKE A REFERRAL’ button to open the relevant contact form.
*Please note, the safeguarding of people we care for in our supported living services is at the forefront of all we do. That’s why the locations of these services are undisclosed and the map pin highlights their closest town or city.
Cornwall Day Opportunities provides support to young people and adults with a range of physical disabilities, learning disabilities and complex health needs across Cornwall. We are open Monday to Friday and can offer transport to and from the day service. We provide you with the support and opportunities you need to lead a fulfilling lifestyle by offering a range of services which are tailored to your needs.
What we provide is different for every individual, based on their needs and wishes. The people we support can be supported to learn and develop skills in:
- Caring for themselves
- Living independently
- Building and maintaining relationships with friends and family
- Accessing services, resources and activities in the community
- Supporting a learning journey to advocate an educational pathway
The service is based in Cornwall (PL26 7DD) – offering a range of pathways. We endeavour to deliver educational based programmes by using and developing meaningful frameworks. We provide engaging sessions that empowers individuals through personalised learning and choice. Our Service will motivate and enhance learners’ and individuals’ confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
The service will deliver Person Centred activities which meets the needs and the aspirations of individuals we support. We aim to actively take part in community life and activities focusing on inclusion. Given we are close to town centre with access to the community it enables us to encourage, promote and support people within our service to reach their full potential.
Our Core Beliefs will be to promote and deliver:
- Purposeful Skill Based Programmes
- Outcome Focused Assessments
- Creating & Maintaining Positive Learning Environment
- Aspirational Journey to Self Determination
- Creating Opportunities for Social Inclusion.
- Sports, fitness or outdoor activities, such as Zumba and hydrotherapy and swimming
- Creative arts, photography, woodwork and gardening
- Educational sessions
- Reading groups
- Cooking and nutrition
- Daily living skills
- Health and well being
- Health and safety
- Computer and iPad workshops
- Public transport training, familiarising with local bus services and confidence building
- Going shopping
- Meeting friends
- Going to the cinema, theatre, concerts, or a football match
“We have a shared vision with a fresh approach to developing skills and strategies for life using a strength-based personalised learning programme. With Cornwall Day Opportunities, you are supported to live the life you want, your way.”